Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Side Effects Kick In...

Around noon today I started feeling tired. Not just tired, but 3am-what-am-i-doing-awake tired. I'm really really tired, and sleep doesn't seem to help. I'm also hungry, but everything makes me nauseous. I was supposed to go for a walk with dot-com, but had to cancel. I was looking forward to stopping by Ed's new house construction site to watch the concrete pour, but couldn't make it. I napped most of the afternoon, and I'm still yawning.

Rob was over yesterday with his video camera ; we were trying to capture some thoughts on film. I felt great then ; and now less than 24 hours later I feel horrible. I took some of the anti-nausea meds and stuffed some food down, but I still feel very weak and empty. Hopefully this is temporary and I'll feel better after a good nights sleep.

On the bright side, they took out my IV today, after 3 days of having a tube in my arm, so I get to sleep without restrictions and I get to shower without plastic wrap around my arm. I scheduled surgery to have a port put in my chest so that I don't have to have IV's hanging out of my arm all the time, but in hindsight I'm not sure what's worse - having a lot of IV's or having surgery to put this thing in and then another surgery to take it out... Sounds like a lot of surgery. Nurse Stephanie ( read: saint ) said that my veins are good and i'll hold up well ; so I'm actually leaning toward not putting myself through another surgical procedure... Need to sleep on that one.

I also got my video sender device in the mail today - it's a little black box that let's me watch the DVR from bed - so when I have to lay around I'll at least be entertained.

Meow Meow know's something's up. She took a nap next to me today to keep me company.
We'll see what the morning brings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill McDaniel said...

Dood I called your cell phone and left a message! I did use the crushinator to force protien down, and I also got 20cc's of bad-for-you frozen pizza down last night after the anti-nauseua meds. Everyone is different with chemo, but hopefully it will be cyclical - then at least I can plan to have down time.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home