Wednesday, March 23, 2005

so nauseous...

Sorry for the delay in updates. I had a few days of good health to enjoy the wonderful engagement party at my parent's house. Many of you were there, and Stacy's Dad and Sister flew in to celebrate with us. It was a great weekend. This week I've gone downhill.

I'm half-way through my second "hard week" where I go full time to the chair. I spent Monday afternoon in bed and in the bathroom, hitting a record-breaking 3 vomit sessions in one hour, and one more in the following half-hour - bringing me dangerously close to dehydration.

Stacy had an honors society-type banquet Monday night that I really really wanted to go to - she's worked so hard this year to maintain her position at top of her class - it was a pretty big honor, and I couldn't make it out of bed much less into a car. I made her go, and Dave, Ed, and Rob came by to keep me company - oh, and to rush me to the ER if I lost any more fluids. Slowly, the gatorade and "Smith's Famous" BBQ pork brought me back to health - or at least close enough to take my anti-nausea meds orally again... Eww...

Tuesday was better - I got some extra IV hyderation while in the chair - that seemed to help. Stacy and I even went out to lunch after chemo and I was even able to drive! More so that I'd be in control of the motion - that seems to help dull down the urge to spew. I kept up a pretty level tummy all afternoon, but I was very tired from all the meds ; Stacy and I had some dinner and watched 24 on the dvr and hit the sheets before 10.

Today, Wednesday, I woke up with some tummy trouble again. No protein shake this morning. Mom came down to take me to chemo - which was good - I think it helped her to see what the whole setup was like ; not to mention how great everyone is at the office. I got my weight back up to 165.5, meaning I've only lost 3.5 pounds so far since the start of chemo almost a month ago. Thems' braggin' rights, I don't mind telling you. After some IV meds to calm the old tummy, I ate one and a half sandwiches from the hospital cafeteria ( thanks Ma! ). Shameless, I hit the sheets with a full belly and left my poor Mother to stacks of boring magazines all morning. After a stop by Stacy's pharmacy to pay all of my outstanding perscription bills and purchase even more nauseua drugs, Mom brought me home and we had a late afternoon lunch - she cleaned up the house while I rested and felt guilty, as a son should. Stacys out for a well deserved night with the girls - the house looks great thanks to Mom - and I'm gonna clean myself up and get some rest. Tummy is at vomit-con 3, threat-level stable. For now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you guys watch 24? I know one of the new villans on the show - the red headed military guy. I don't really watch the show so I don't know his character's name, but I've heard he's really evil.

Good luck with the nausea. That sounds miserable.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home