Monday, April 04, 2005

An Ode Owed to Stacy

There comes a time in every mans life when realizes that he made the right choice with the fiance. He's very proud that he didn't screw something this big up. He wants to tell everyone about it - like a peacock on top of a flagpole on top of a monument!

My Fiance is amazing. Stacy has borne the worst duty in this war. It's her job to take care of me when crazy shit happens. It's her job to rush me to the ER and to hold me all night when I'm in the worst place I've ever been. Nobody gives her any drugs to make the pain and the anguish go away. She's left there once I stabilize to try to relax a little bit, but she must always be ready.

My mother deserves a lot of credit here too mind you, she's been integral to my survival the past few months as well - but I think that's sadly part of the whole mother-hood deal - good with the bad. I'm lucky enough to have her close enough where she can and is willing to assist. Don't worry Mom, you've bought your way out of the "bad" nursing home. Tell Dad he needs to quit the smoking if he wants out with you, though... Just kidding Dad, but seriously follow my lead and quit smoking.

Back to the incredible Fiance - she's developing into this state that I like to call "mega-mommy-mode". Stacy recently manifested an amazingly accurate .2 degree forehead kiss thermometer. We tested this in the hospital numerous times and she seriously was that accurate. Word on the street is that she's secretly developing a lick test to determine nutritional needs. Along with our much-improved appreciation for health and life, we're arming ourselves to become quite good parents.

I couldn't possibly be more thankful for Stacy. Her character has been proven time and time again through this ordeal - she is the strongest woman I have ever met. She is my best friend and my crutch that holds me up - and I've never expected her to do any of it - she just does. She is truly an incredible person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home