Friday, April 15, 2005

Numbers are good, we are go for booster!

It's been an exhausting week - I spent today and yesterday in the chair sleeping, and sleeping more at home. In fact, I've been sleeping more than meow meow lately. My veins hurt - they're "tighter" now - like my body just doesn't like IV's anymore, so it's made me very sensitive to them. I'm very glad to have had the IV taken out today. I've managed to keep my weight up at 159 lbs. - that's only a net loss of 10 lbs. since we started treatment, and I'm pretty happy with that.

Remember those tumor markers in my blood? They took those numbers again at the beginning of this week. Both are well under normal levels at this point! My Alpha-Fetoprotein was at 2.5 and should be less than 6.1, and my Chorionic Gonadotropin was less than 2 and should be less than 5 - so I'm doing very well at this point.

My WBC started off over 6K this week - normal range is from 4 to 11K, and I'm sure it's much lower now after a weeks worth of drugs, but I got my booster this afternoon, so hopefully that will keep me out of the ER and Hospital next week. I've been getting bad on the Monday and Tuesday of my second week in the cycle, so if I make it to next Wednesday without being admitted, we have something to celebrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home