Monday, April 25, 2005

Starting Week 8 - a good week!

I'm feeling great again - real normal. I've stopped taking all the supporting meds for anxiety and nausea, and it feels great to not be chemically messed up for a few days. I'm able to fall asleep on my own, which was my main concern. During the first and second weeks of my treatment, I take ativan almost every night to knock myself out. I feel so much better when I get a full night's sleep during those hard weeks.

This weekend was great - On Friday, Stacy and I went looking for wedding bands at the Merchendise Mart. Holy cow that place is insane - it's the wholesale/retail exchange for pretty much the whole southeast US. So they have everything you've ever seen in any store. OK, that's an exaduration, but it is a HUGE 3 skyscraper, 20 floor shopping mall in the middle of downtown Atlanta. We found some great looking bands - exactly what we've been looking at elsewhere - for much better prices. Thanks to the Dot-Coms for the hookup on passes! We're going back tomorrow, on Tuesday, to purchase.

Friday night, we went to the Braves, Phili game at Turner Field. It was a great game - tons of hits, I couldn't believe it. There were only a handful of strike-outs all game. Braves had a few homer's and ended up winning, even though their closer took forever to finish the game. I know it's lots of pressure, but come on - you can throw a strike buddy, it's your JOB! I was exhausted after watching that, we hit the sheets around 11.

On Saturday, we were able to get out and go to Allison and Dave's wedding shower at the Four Seasons. That was sooo nice. We had a great lunch and spent some time with everyone. It was super nice.

Saturday night I was still feeling run down, so Stacy and I kept it low key and got some pizza at Savage and then went book shopping at borders - it was a fun date night for us.

Then on Sunday, Stacy had to study and My parents came down to go to lunch. It was great to see them outside of a hospital setting! Sunday night, we attended a Passover dinner at Allison's parents house - very gracious of them. Allison's mother puts on an incredible feast every year. I'm still full of Matzah!

That's the weekend update for everyone. I'm doing very well and I'm totally excited about having a week of feeling good to get some things done. I'm all about being lazy, but it sucks to have things to do and not be able to do them. On the list: book honeymoon, purchase wedding bands, and have some fun outside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home